With the half term upon us and 5yr old Miss M’s love of cooking I promised her she could make me some cheese scones for lunch on one of the days I wasn’t working. She was so excited and couldn’t wait to get making and baking. She loves to cook things she can get her hands into so scones are an ideal choice.
We decided to make cheese scones using a simple recipe with just the ingredients we had at home already.
To make a batch of 6 generously sized scones we used:
8 oz self raising flour
1½ oz butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ pint of milk
5 oz of grated cheese (we used cheddar)
A generous grinding of black pepper
1. Rub the butter and the flour together (Miss M’s favourite bit as she got to get her hands in and play with the mixture)
2. Stir in baking powder, black pepper and cheese (save a little cheese back to sprinkle on top)
3. Add milk and combine to form a ball of dough
4. Divide into approx 12 balls, flatten slightly and sprinkle with remaining cheese
5. Bake for approx 10-15 mins at 220°C
We let them cool off for about 5 mins and then ate them warm, absolutely delicious they just melted in the mouth!
Miss M’s verdict: “These are super yummy, can I have another one after?”
Ooooh, they look scrummy. We’re big cheese fans here and those scones look realky fun to make. I’ll have to try making them with my boys 🙂
They look delicious,love Cheese Scones 🙂
What a wonderful recipe! I will defo give this one a try! Thanks so much for sharing!!!