Everybody’s favourite fireman is back with a new DVD collection of tales and rescue in “Fireman Sam – Sam’s Birthday”, released by Abbey Home Media on Monday 3rd April.
Join the ultimate hero next door and his crew for new, exciting adventures. FiremanSamlives in the accident-prone town of Pontypandy, where he helps with fighting fires, manning the lifeboat, helping the mountain rescue, or joining up with the emergency medical services. With his colourful cast of helpers, he is always there to lend a hand!
In this new DVD release it’s FiremanSam’s birthday and Charlie has asked Joe to make Sam a remote control model of Jupiter as a surprise present. At the Fire Station, Station Officer Steele has told Sam, as it’s his birthday, he should relax for the day. However, will the birthday party go ahead as planned for everyone’s favourite hero next door?
Episodes featured in this charming collection are:
Pontypandy in the Park
The Great Party Panic
DVD RELEASE ON SALE MONDAY 3RD APRIL 2017
To win a copy of the DVD, just fill in the Gleam form below:
We all know the dreaded horror stories we hear when either you or family members get hit by the dreaded Norovirus or Rotavirus. Days in bed ill, the kids have to be kept of school for days, constant cleaning the bedsheets to keep them fresh and germ free, and most importantly keeping everyone hydrated.
I remember back a couple of years ago, when my daughter Miss M came home from school telling me that several of her friends were off school ill. The next thing I knew, poor Miss M herself was poorly and totally unfit for school. She was on and off the toilet with diarrhoea all day, couldn’t eat and so the one thing I tried to make sure was that she stayed hydrated. I remember giving her a few sachets of Dioralyte to drink as I had some in the cupboard at the time and they are so much better than just plain drinks as they help to replace essential salts in the body. It did take her a few days to get better then a further 48 hours off school so she didn’t spread it to others, although my now it seemed to have made it’s way around a fair few members of the class. My little boy also suffered a little although I really pushed the point of washing hands all the time to prevent the spreading of germs. Fortunatley the adults escaped this episode but with both children poorly, it wasn’t a very nice week at home at all!
Dioralyte is the number one selling rehydration drink and available in three variants, natural, citrus or blackcurrant. Suitable from 2 years of age, it’s worth keeping some in the medicine cabinet for all the family to use at time of diarrhoea and viruses.
DioraleZe is another product in the Dioralyte family, which aims to stop diarrhoea in it’s track with just one does. Suitable for adults and over 12’s, this is definitely worth keeping an eye out for should you start suffering from such symptoms.
Some important facts you should remember if a bug reaches you or a family member are:
• Norovirus, is one of the most common stomach bugs in the UK. Sometimes referred to as the “winter vomiting bug” it causes diarrhoea and vomiting.
• It’s important to STOP & rehydrate from the first signs of illness, so it can be helpful to have the Dioralyte family on hand to help
• Dehydration is the loss of water and electrolytes (mineral salts)
• The Dioralyte family includes Dioralyte, Dioralyte Relief and DioraleZe
• Dioralyte provides the right balance of mineral salts and water to combat dehydration and rehydrates better than plain water, fruit juice or fizzy drinks
• Dioralyte Relief includes rice powders to reduce symptoms of diarrhoea as well also being formulated to hydrate better than plain water, fruit juice or fizzy drinks
• Drinking plenty of fluids, taking antidiarrhoeal and/or anti-emetic (anti-vomiting) medication, as well as getting plenty of rest are just some of the ways you can help manage the symptoms of norovirus
• Oral rehydration salts are recommended as good sources of rehydration in guidelines
• Even mild dehydration (between 1% and 2% loss in bodyweight) can cause a lack of concentration in the short-term, headaches and reduced mental capability
** Winner as picked by Pegasus is Rebecca Beesley!** Congratulations!
I’m pleased to announce that in association with Dioralyte I am running a fabulous competition for my readers “Gastro Ghouls & Noro Stories”.
All you need to do is comment below with your Gastro Ghoul & Noro Stories including the following information:
• What gastrointestinal illness (gastro ghoul) did they suffer from?
• When did they get ill?
• What happened?
• How did it affect the family & in which order did it travel around the family?
• How quickly did it spread?
• Who was affected the worst?
Feel free to also submit a ghoulish video of your story which you can email over to me.
The winners story will be made into a promotional video by the promoter Pegasus to which you will be invited to a screening. Your details can be anonymous for this if you wish.
In return one winner will be selected according to the terms and conditions below and can choose one of these fabulous prizes!
Family mini break (2 adults and 2 children) to Legoland Windsor, including centrally located hotel accommodation for one night and tickets to Legoland.
Option 2 Family mini break (2 adults and 2 children) to Chessington World of Adventures Resort, including centrally located hotel accommodation for one night and entry to the resort.
Option 3 Family mini break (2 adults and 2 children) to Longleat Safari Park, including centrally located hotel accommodation for one night and entry to the safari park.
Competition terms and conditions:
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted as a comment on the blog post or via the bloggers given email address. Entrants should include their own name and relevant contact information i.e. email address.
4. All entries must be received by the midnight 1st May 2016
5. Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Sanofi to feature any or all of the submitted story in consumer and trade press and Sanofi company publications, on their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
6. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
7. The winning entry will be chosen by Pegasus. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
8. Offensive or entries deemed by the competition organisers to be inappropriate will not be accepted.
9. The winning entry will win an experience with a perceived value of £560.
10. The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
11. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prize, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
12. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
• This competition prize is provided by Dioralyte as part of their Gastro Ghouls & Noro Stories campaign
• Dioralyte has not influenced the content of this piece
• To find out more about Dioralyte, Dioralyte Relief and DioraleZe products visit www.dioralyte.co.uk
• Always read the label (to be included if referencing product information)
Today is National Puzzle Day, a fantastic time for families to sit down and enjoy a large jigsaw together or children trying to do a puzzle of their favourite characters by themselves.
I’ve always been a fan of jigsaws and have my encouraged my children to do so too. Jumbo Games have a wide variety of puzzles available for all ages and tastes so there really is something to suit everyone.
The Frozen wall puzzle is not only a jigsaw, but once complete it comes with glue to which you spread on top to join all the pieces together. You can then hang the puzzle on your bedroom wall. The other special thing about this puzzle is the size. It may only contain 35 pieces but the completed puzzle is an awesome 100x70cm!!
For your chance to win this fabulous Giant Wall puzzle, just enter in the Gleam form below: Frozen puzzle
“Learn to read with the Alphablocks” is soon to be released by Abbey Home Media on DVD. Alphablocks is a hit CBeebies show that introduces phonics, encouraging little ones to learn the sounds and develop reading skills. This will be perfect for Miss M who is just learning to read and brings a new phonics sound home from school each week.
The Alphablocks are 26 living letters who fall out of the sky and discover that if they hold hands and make a word, it magically comes to life!
Based on best-practice phonics, your child will laugh and learn with the little letter people and their adventures, songs and all kinds of fun and games.
So I’m excited to say that I have 5 copies of the NEW Alphablocks DVD due to be released on 25th February 2013 to give away – just follow the instructions below.
Volume 1: Phonics First Steps
Phonics First Steps introduces the first letters and sounds that children are taught at school
and starts them off making simple words. With repeat viewing, children can build key phonics
skills and boost their reading confidence – while having lots and lots of fun.
This DVD also comes with a FREE Alphablocks, Alphabet poster!
If you fancy getting your hands on a copy of the Alphablocks DVD, then Abbey Home Media have kindly offered me 5 copies to giveaway to my readers – so just follow the instructions below.
To enter, please comment below (compulsory entry)
To gain up to a further 3 bonus entries – Please leave a separate comment for each entry for it to be counted:
1.Subscribe to my blog (at top right of page) – either through email or RSS feed
2.Like my Facebook page 3.Follow me on Twitter and tweet I’ve entered to #Win the NEW Alphablocks DVD with @star100x http://wp.me/p1UDjA-ng
Terms & Conditions Winners selected at random If a selected winner has not fulfilled the first entry criteria or any others to which they made comments they will be disqualified
No automated entries Competition ends Friday 8th March at 9pm If a winner does not make contact within 48 hours an alternative winner will be drawn UK only
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions