Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Adventure AR is educational but fun and teaches children an amazing amount of facts about more than 220 different countries using a smart pen to guide them across the globe through learning facts and fun interactive games. There are 5 games, 19 English challenges and 6 French language challenges.
- HEAR – The SmartGlobe talks and speaks about lots of fun facts. Listen to the country’s national anthem, capital, or history. Over 4,000 information pieces are stored in the globe’s digital memory.
- TOUCH – Use the SmartGlobe pen to touch all over the globe. The stand base and world globe contain digital touch points almost everywhere!
- PLAY – Learn and have fun! Contains 25 games that will teach your children about world facts, while capturing their interest.
- PORTABLE – Take the globe anywhere. Operates on 3 AA batteries (included) so no cords needed.
- AUGMENTED REALITY – New for 2017! Use the Oregon Scientific SmartGlobe AR app to bring the globe to life with animals and dinosaurs!
The Smart Globe is a lovely size and brightly coloured which makes it really appealing. With batteries included it was ready to go and my 9yr old was eager to check it out. The base contains the controls to use for the smart pen and you have the option of games or facts. The variety of facts are great and a fabulous way for children to find out about a particular country, either one they are interested in, doing at school, or just a new one they fancy learning about. The facts cover everything from currency, capitals, national anthems, landscape features and interesting facts about the countries. Miss M quickly found the games and spent a large amount of time trying to find countries and continents as per the game instructions. Once she got the hang of where to press on the country and got more familiar with the continents, she was whizzing around and even though she struggled on some, she had so much concentration and determination to continue that she sat playing on her own for a fair amount of time.
Here’s a small clip of Miss M in action playing the countries game on the globe:
There’s an app you can download onto smartphones and tablets where you can experience 3D Augmented Reality such as landscape, animals, landmarks and dinosaurs, literally coming to life in your hand. With so much to explore and fun to have this globe has to be a great way for kids to learn geography and one they will pick up and do on their own and be happy to learn from.
We’ve been really impressed with the Oregon Scientific Smart Globe Adventure and for the price of £59.99 think it’s well worth the money and something that will be a great boost to children of primary school age and even a little older.
All reviews are my own and my family’s opinions and we received the product in order to write an honest review.